Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trinity Mystery Spot

Of course this image is one that many, hopefully most, here at Trinity would recognize; however, in a valiant attempt to save the world from poor recycling habits, I modified the photo a bit.  I chose this location because it is somewhere that I spend a lot of my time, but whose resources are often unused and undervalued with the technology era.  Using Picnik, I adjusted my original photograph by sharpening the image, adjusting the lighting and adding a warm tone to arouse an overall... affection, of sorts, for the picture.  Likewise, I rotated and cropped the photo to express a more unorthodox perspective of the very commonly seen subject.  Finally, I added a frame that resembled a Polaroid and added some sketch-like drawings around the bottom to overemphasize the message.  I had a bad experience with GreenPeace, so I wouldn't necessarily consider myself your average "Tree Hugger" but I did enjoy this project and I encourage good recycling habits!  Can you figure out where this picture was taken?  Try to figure it out and leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. The Shelves/Stacks in the Library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this somewhere in the Coates Library?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the place where I spend most my life! I'm employed there, read there, sleep there...

    And awesome photo editing too! Not only is the picture conceptually aesthetic but the additions to it are nicely fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work - I agree with Brittany - good aesthetics. And you and I share a lot of views about underused resources!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stacks in club lib! I do like what you have done to edit the photo!

    ReplyDelete