Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Best Tech Tip

I typically consider myself to be relatively computer-proficient; however, even from the brief chat with Mr. Hatch today, I am realizing more and more the things that I could learn about them.  Sure, I can navigate around the basics, but it became pretty clear that I neglect to take care of some of the most basic of the security essentials on my laptop.  I have a 2009 HP, which I love, but it has become increasingly slower... Sometimes REALLY slow.  Granted, I understand that internet connection can be a factor (yadda, yadda), but for the most part, it has become pretty annoying.  I have every intention of downloading and using CCleaner in essentially the next 24 hours because my computer absolutely needs it.  I knew that it was possible to access your history and I was sure that somewhere in the depths of my computer there was some way to access it, but it was very interesting to learn about the way that your hard drive stores all of the places that you go and how it can quickly accumulate bundles of unnecessary information.  Likewise, I use online banking methods frequently, and had no idea that it would be so simple for someone to access my account if they were equipped with the right software!  I will definitely take into consideration the security methods that Joe mentioned and, moreover, not take for granted the protection that Clean Access provides... even if it is slightly annoying to log in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment